Saturday, March 24, 2012

Places I Love. No 3. Runswick Bay.


I discovered Runswick Bay when I was employed as lead actor in a huge corporate advertisement.
I portrayed a Pirate.
In a foam cup commercial.

It was directed by a bloke I vaguely knew, on the beach in March and it was perishing.
I was reasonably warm, being dressed as a pirate afforded me the comfort of a vest, the Dolly Bird (Directors term, honest) in a bikini was giving it chapel hat pegs, the poor thing.

Anyways, over the years I've had some rare old times there. I've slept in three different houses and one campsite in the village, I've been there with my all my friends and family, and you can spread my ashes, behind the chair on the path that runs just above the white house on the top right of the picture. That'll do me.

No comments: